Cambridge has an undeniably beautiful landscape, and the standout star is the Charles River. Thankfully, there are many activities available for all age groups to enjoy the Charles, both on land and by sea.
1. Charles River Canoe & Kayak - Kendall Square. There is no better way to enjoy the Charles River than to get right in the middle of it. This Kendall Square location offers hourly or daily boat rentals. I'm not just a fan, I'm a member.
2. Charles Riverboat Company - East Cambridge. These boat cruises are a great way to spend an hour or two. It's a smooth ride with frequent departure times. I highly recommend the sunset cruise.
3. Recreation Sundays - Harvard Square. Every Sunday from late April to mid November, busy Memorial Drive is closed to car traffic from Western Ave to Mount Auburn Street from 11 am until 7 pm. It is fantastic chance for people to ride bikes or take a leisurely walk along the Charles, without the noise and chaos of traffic.
4. Veterans Memorial Swimming Pool - Cambridgeport. This public pool has a stunning view of the Charles River. You can cool down and relax while watching the boats glide by. I should also mention the pool is FREE! Open June 24th, 2017.
5. North Point Park - East Cambridge. North Point is a charming park situated right along the Charles, with lots of open space, winding walking trails, a fenced-in playground, splash deck in the warm months, and a pedestrian foot bridge to Charlestown. This park is also a great place to watch the duck boats splash down.
See what clients think of the Charles Cherney Team.