In my eyes, there is no better way to start your morning than with a perfectly toasted bagel. Bagels are my be-all, end-all. Here are five bagel places in Cambridge I like:
1. Bagelsaurus. Porter Square. These bagels are epic. This store does bagels and only bagels, they don't mess around with other breads. They offer a wide variety and always run out, get there early!
2. Mamaleh's. Kendall Square. YUM! I appreciate an everything bagel that is really covered head to toe which is what you get here. This modern delicatessen has an extensive menu for take-out or dine in.
3. Petsi Pies. Riverside near Harvard Square. I cannot vouch for all locations, but Petsi Pies on Putnam Ave has a nice selection of bagels. The egg sandwiches hit the spot.
4. S & S. Inman Square. This restaurant is an institution to some. The menu pretty much covers anything you can imagine. If you are looking for a bagel with lox, this is the spot.
5. Bruegger's Bagels. Porter Square. Yes, this is a large chain, but I love it. The selection of bagels and cream cheeses are endless. This is a great place to mix it up, and try something new.