The official list of the thirteen named neighborhoods for Cambridge, Massachusetts is the following:
1. East Cambridge - includes Kendall Square and NorthPoint
Find your way back to this post at any time via DiscoverEastCambridge.com.
2. Area 2 / MIT (neighborhood guide forthcoming)
3. Wellington-Harrington - includes Inman Square (neighborhood guide forthcoming)
4. The Port (formerly known as Area 4) - includes Central Square (neighborhood guide forthcoming)
6. Mid Cambridge
9. Neighborhood Nine - includes Porter Square and Avon Hill
Discover Neighborhood Nine in Cambridge, Massachusetts..
10. West Cambridge - includes Harvard Square and Huron Village and Observatory Hill and Coolidge Hill and Larchwood
Discover the West Cambridge neighborhood in Cambridge, Massachusetts..
11. North Cambridge
12. Cambridge Highlands
Discover Cambridge Highlands, a neighborhood of Cambridge, Massachusetts.
13. Strawberry Hill
Considering that Cambridge is only 6.43 square miles, it is truly remarkable how many neighborhoods it has. You might even want to add Fresh Pond and the Charles River to this list. And Harvard. And MIT.